At the Australian Women’s Natural Body Sculpting (AWNBS) we seek to provide the best possible service to ensure your requirements are properly addressed. To achieve this, we may need to collect personal information about yourself and the circumstances surrounding your requirements.
It is important for us to ensure that you are confident that any personal information you provide to us is treated in the appropriate manner and with the appropriate degree of privacy.
AWNBS offers products, services and expertise in the area of natural body sculpting and the products and services it provides you will dictate the types of personal information that may be necessary for us to collect.
What does “personal information” mean?
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity may be reasonably determined. By collecting this personal information we are able to:
- Provide you with the appropriate products to suit your requirements;
- Ensure that you attain the best possible service and advice;
- Contact you when and where necessary; and
- Identify you and protect you from any unauthorised access to your personal information.How AWNBS collects your personal informationWe will always collect your personal information directly from you where possible. Where we are unable to obtain personal information directly from you we will obtain your consent before information is obtained from another party.Collection of your personal information may occur in a number of ways including:
- Face to face communications or meetings;
- Completion of forms either in hardcopy or online;
- Communication through telephone discussions or email correspondence;
- From another party on your behalf and at your request to obtain such information.Specifically, personal information will be collected during the course of our relationship with you. Personal information may also be collected when you provide us with instructions or requests in relation to your particular requirements for products or services.It is possible that we may collect personal information about you from other sources without your direct knowledge. Examples of this may be where funds are transferred from your bank account and your bank account details are advised to us.Where possible, we will require you to specifically consent to any disclosure of your personal information. Your consent will usually be required in writing. However, where necessary, we may accept your verbal consent to disclose particular information in the course of our relationship with you.Your consent may also be implied from the particular services you have requested of us. For example if we are undertaking a delivery to your business or home, it will be necessary for us to communicate such personal information to our delivery contractor as may be necessary to provide that service.
Who would AWNBS disclose your personal information to?
AWNBS may need to disclose your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, your personal information may be required to be disclosed to third parties where it is necessary in the course of our normal business operations. We may also transfer personal information between AWNBS and its related parties in order to provide our products and services to you.
We may also disclose your personal information where you have consented to us doing so in the course of providing our products and services to you. Your consent to the disclosure of your personal information may be given expressly, or it may be implied from your conduct and interaction with AWNBS during the normal course of your dealings with us.
AWNBS will, at all times, attempt to ensure that we do not disclose your personal information to a party outside our business or its related parties where consent for such disclosure has not been given. In all cases where we may be required to disclose information that its outside the ambit of our dealings with you, we will attempt to obtain your direct consent for such disclosure.
In the delivery of its services, AWNBS may disclose information to third parties that are located in locations other than Australia.
When disclosing personal information of its customers, AWNBS takes all reasonable steps to ensure that such third party service providers comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Ensuring your personal information is up to date
The effective and proper provision of our products and services to you can only occur when the personal information that we hold is current and up to date. In this regard it is important that, during the course of your relationship with AWNBS, you notify us of any changes to your personal information which we hold. This includes your contact details and any matter that may be material to our provision of products and services to you in accordance with your requirements.
The security of your personal information
AWNBS prides itself on its secure handling of the personal information of its customers. We will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard personal information that is held by us, either on file or on computer, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
To ensure that your personal information is secure, AWNBS employs a number of means, including:
- Security of AWNBS premises.
- The requirement for all employees to enter into a confidentiality agreement.
- Computer firewall protection.
- Restricted access to personal files and information.
- Up-to-date technology and computer maintenance to prevent unauthorised access.
- Document handling and shredding procedures with respect to personal information.
- Limited access to your personal information.When AWNBS no longer requires your personal information, we will ensure that the records are disposed or destroyed appropriately.
Access to your personal information
At any time you may give notice to AWNBS that you wish to access your personal information that we hold.
In order that this information is made available to you some notice is required so that we may have the documentation ready for your inspection. We will endeavour to handle all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible and provide that information to you within seven days of receipt of that request.
We will not charge you a fee for requesting access to your personal information, however depending upon the amount of information held by us, there may be an administrative charge for the reproduction and distribution of this information.
You may only access your own personal information. Any personal information held by us in respect of any other person will not be disclosed to you.
AWNBS may be under obligation by law, in some circumstances, to deny access to your personal information. If we deny you access to your personal information, reasons for that denial will be provided.
Certain information which may be collected by AWNBS will be regarded as sensitive information. The disclosure of sensitive information can only be made by AWNBS with your direct consent, or where it is required by law to be disclosed. Some examples of sensitive information include:
- Sexual preferences or practices.
- Criminal record.
- Membership of trade union.
- Membership of professional trade association.
- Philosophical beliefs.
- Membership of political association.
- Religious beliefs or affiliations.
- Political opinions.
- Racial or ethnic origin.
- Financial circumstances.
Your personal information online
AWNBS prides itself on the maintenance of up-to-date and technologically advanced computer systems. Our computers are continually being updated to maintain their security and are regularly audited and tested by external experts to ensure that any breaches of security, potential or actual, may be identified and rectified.
AWNBS will correspond with you via email where you consent to that occurring. E-mail may not be a secure way to communicate your personal information to us and as such, that personal information should be delivered through secure means.
In the course of operating its business AWNBS operates a website through which customers may interact with AWNBS.
Visiting the AWNBS website does not provide AWNBS with any personal information. However, if you submit an online enquiry or request for information through our website, then any personal information given by you during this process will be stored by AWNBS.
By creating an online account with us, you expressly authorise AWNBS to store the personal information you provide. This can include registration data such as name, address, email address, telephone number and response data. You may remove yourself from AWNBS’s database at any time.
Access to any online account you create with us will require a username and password. In some cases, failure to provide personal information may prevent you from accessing certain AWNBS web based services. By accessing and using AWNBS’s website, you agree to accept responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password selected by you for this purpose.
Personal information collected by us through our website will be used to support our relationship with you, and to improve the operation of the website.
AWNBS may from time to time use your personal information, such as your address or contact details, to provide you with information about other services that we offer.
If at any time you do not wish to receive any information about these services please feel free to contact us on 0414 671 017 and we will not send you any further material.
AWNBS will not disclose your personal information to any party outside our business or its related parties except for the purposes of providing our products and services to you in accordance with your requirements, or where the law requires us to so provide your personal information.
Wishing to access your personal information
Should you wish to access your personal information, all you need to do is contact AWNBS on 0414 671 017 and advise us of your request. When you access your personal information, we will require you to sign a document stating that you have accessed your information.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from AWNBS, you may contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or writing to the Director of Complaints, Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.